UNIT 6 (LO2) - Understand characteristics of the camera system systems. AC 2.2: Identify camera characteristics in relation to image outcomes. I made images with different camera settings to illustrate the various outcomes.

 The purpose of this assignment is to make a range of different street photographs. Also to evaluate each photograph, and to detail the technical process it took to make them.

For my first picture I wanted a wide angle shot to capture everything in view. I used a focal length of 22mm, I thought 400 iso a speed of 1/640 would be good for this shot.


Shot number 2. This wasn't given much forethought, but I noticed the gentleman walking towards me and felt he would be ideal subject. I adjusted the focal length slightly to 32mm. I was fairly close to the subject. Iso 500 , shutter 1/640 aperture f/6.3. Given the immediacy of the shot. I thought it turned out well.


Shot number 3
From my vantage point I spotted a man begging and thought he'd be a good subject as I pointed the camera towards him I noticed he kept turning away because of not wanting to be photographed. However he didn't try to stop me in anyway. I adjusted the focal length to 90mm, iso was adjusted to 800 to suit conditions, aperture f/5.3 so the man wasn't entirely isolated although he was the subject of the shot, shutter speed was 1/640.


                      Shot number 4.

The man was in the process of locking his bike in the stand. Interesting subject I thought. He spotted me with my camera, so I hung around looking away from him at the opportune time I zoomed in to 105mm, shutter speed was 3.5 as I was trying to take the focus off the background. Iso  800, shutter 1/640. As I was zooming in a lady in a red coat passed by. I thought I'd press the shutter too late, however after seeing the shot I was pleased I was able to capture her walking out of the frame.

           
                     Shot number 5.
I wanted a shot of the fruit stall. I was on the opposite side of the road and zoomed in to 90mm. As I was about to make the shot cars started coming by, so I decided to include one. Iso was adjusted to 1000 for more sensitivity. Aperture was f/13 for a sharp image and shutter speed was 1/400 which helped to freeze the moving car. 
                            
    

Shot number 6.
I wanted to take a wide angle shot from the perspective in which I found myself. I angled the camera slightly to make the shot a bit more interesting. The focal length was 18mm, aperture f/13 to keep everything in focus. Iso was 1000 to suit conditions and shutter speed was 1/320 so as to avoid blurring anything in the frame.

               


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNIT 7 The photographic project. (LO1) Understand photographic research LO1 1.1 Identify a subject for a photography project.